Post workout Ab finisher (Equipment is optional):
* I have provided modifications for most of these movements, carry out the movement which challenges you without compromising your form. The three levels are ‘beginner’ (B), ‘intermediate’ (I)and ‘advanced’(A).
* Mind muscle connection is imperative. (This means that you must consciously squeeze your abs while carrying out the movements).
*For movements in which you are lying on your back, make sure that your back is flat on the floor and does not arch. In case your back starts arching raise your legs up to a higher angle or slightly raise your upper body.
*The following instructions apply to all the forearm plank movements-
-Forearms on the floor.
-Elbows directly below your shoulders.
-Arms parallel to your body at shoulder width.
-Palms can be flat on the floor or hands can be clasped together.
*The following 20 movements should be carried out for 30 seconds each.
* The movements should essentially be back to back as it is a burnout format.
* Short breaks can be taken between movements in order to shake out muscles or grab a sip of water.
* There are pictures attached to show you the form for workouts in which I thought you might need it.
* Best of luck, I hope you enjoy the burn :)))
1) Crunches (Not full sit ups)
iii) A-Weight held to chest
2) Knee-Touch crunches
Normal Knee-touch crunch
3) Russian twists
i) B-Feet on the floor
ii) I-Feet off the floor
Weighted Russian twists
4) Toe-Touch Crunches
Weighted toe touch
5) Alternate Heel taps
6) Flutter kicks
i) B-Legs at 60-degree angle with back on the floor
ii) I-Rest on elbows with 30-degree angle
iii) A-30-degree angle with back on the floor
30-degree angle, back on the floor
7) Scissor kicks
i) B-60 degrees
ii) I-30-degree angle
iii) A-raise and lower
Raise and lower
Slowly lowering, while doing scissor movement
8) Leg raises (Lower only till back arches)
i) B-Slight bend in the knees
ii) I-Straight legs while resting on elbows
iii) A-Straight legs with ankle weights
9) Roll-ins (Optional leg extension)
10) Corkscrew twists
Corkscrew raise (Facing left)
Corkscrew raise (Facing right)
11) Reach out to tuck in
12) Star fish crunches
Right hand to right leg
Left hand to left leg