A cancelled Friday night at the movies, AGAIN?
Every time I plan to go watch a film with my friends or family, the first thing anyone does, is check the online reviews. Even though that is a good way to gauge how other people perceive the movie, it shouldn’t be the only deciding factor. Do you think it’s fair that so many people (the director, actor, producer, editor, distributor and innumerable others) put in so much time, effort and money and it all goes to waste because of a few reviews?
I’m not just saying this because of the number of times my Friday night plans have been abandoned, but I actually don’t think that this kind of mentality is right.
Personally, the only good thing that’s come out of this Lockdown, apart from getting 10 hours of beauty sleep, is that I don’t have to depend on someone to go watch a movie or be judged for sitting through a movie alone at a Cinema Hall. (On a side note, I haven’t actually mustered the courage to do that yet)
I can sit in the comfort of my home and watch all the latest movies; which again can start another debate, whether Films should be released on OTT platforms or kept on hold until things get back to normal.
To read more about OTT being a game changer for Indian Cinema, click on the link here and let me know your views on this in the comments section below-
For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.
So, I feel like the diverse responses of a film that are evoked in people are what actually make films so alluring. A single movie has the ability to make you laugh, cry, inspire and dream. Hence, the difference lies depending on which chord it strikes for you.
The purpose of my blog is to-
· Recommend some magnificent films that have been overlooked over the years, not having received the recognition they deserve.
· Write Holistic Reviews of films after understanding both perspectives.
· Talk about the Development/Transformations seen in Indian and International Cinema
· Elucidate the impact of Social Media and Advertising on films throughout the world.
· Lastly, include interviews with budding and established industry professionals (so feel free to send me any questions that you’d like to be answered)
Subscribe (for now, at least) because-
Picture abhi baaki hai mere dost.